For Frequently Asked Questions about Couples Counseling, click here.
Who is Thrive Couple and Family Counseling?
We are a team of dedicated therapists who care deeply about providing exceptional counseling to people who long for better relationships with significant others, themselves, their children and families, as well as friends.
Here are Thrive, we are relationship specialists. All of us have invested significantly in advanced training in the most cutting edge and effective methods of helping people improve relationships.
Meet Haleigh Scherma, MS, LPCC – Couples, Sex Therapy, Individual Relationship Support, LGBTQ Clients
Meet Nancy Brittain, MSW – Couples, Addiction Recovery (Couple or Individual), Family Therapy
Meet Lauren Johnson, MSW – Couples, Parent Relationships, Parenting, Family Therapy
Meet Allison Rimland, LPC – Couples, Parenting, Trauma, Anxiety
When are appointments available?
Appointments are available Monday through Saturday. Evening and lunch hour appointments available. Call today at 303-513-8975.
We also use online scheduling for your convenience. Schedule a counseling appointment or a free 20-minute phone consult here: Schedule Appointment
What are your fees?
Counseling sessions with Haleigh Scherma are $120 per 50 minute session and $180 for 75 minute sessions.
Counseling sessions with Nancy Brittain are $120 per 50 minute session and $180 for 75 minute sessions.
Counseling sessions with Lauren Johnson are $120 per 50 minute session and $180 for 75 minute sessions.
Counseling sessions with Allison Rimland are $175 per 50 minute session and $262 for 75 minute sessions.
Do you accept insurance?
We are out of network providers. Fees are due at time of service.
We are happy to provide you with statements for out of network reimbursement or for flexible spending accounts (FSA).
A Note on Insurance:
Although it may sometimes be financially necessary to utilize insurance benefits to pay for therapy, there are several important considerations:
- Couples counseling is NOT typically covered by insurance because insurance companies don’t see it as medically necessary. Most couples counseling does not meet the medical model requirements of focusing sessions on one person’s mental health diagnosis.
- All Insurance claims require a medical model diagnosis, even if one doesn’t exist. This can affect or limit future insurance coverage and may inhibit certain employment opportunities
- The insurance company, not you, decides how many sessions are appropriate for your treatment.
- Private information, even under new privacy policies, is shared with insurance companies.
- Private information is stored in the Medical Information Bureau where it can be accessed in the future by insurers, employers, etc.
- Having a mental health diagnosis can limit your ability to get insurance in the future or to apply to certain types of jobs.
Where are you located?
Our Greenwood Village Therapy offices are conveniently located near I-25 and the Belleview exit. We serve clients from Greenwood Village, Denver, Centennial, Littleton, Aurora, Cherry Hills Village, Englewood, Highlands Ranch, Parker and Castle Rock.
Greenwood Village Counseling
7000 E Belleview Ave, Ste 350
Greenwood Village, CO 80111