For Frequently Asked Questions about Couples Counseling, click here.
Who is Thrive Couple and Family Counseling?
We are a team of dedicated therapists who care deeply about providing exceptional counseling to people who want better relationships with significant others, themselves, their children and families, as well as friends.
Here are Thrive, we are Relationship Specialists. All of us have invested significantly in advanced and ongoing training in the most cutting edge and effective methods of relationship therapy.
We understand you are here because things are hard. We know the way out, and will fight alongside you to reach your goals.
We are LGBTQIA* affirmative, and warmly welcome all people to our practice.
Meet the Team of Thrive Therapists
Haleigh Scherma, MS, LPCC – Couples, Sex and Intimacy Counseling, Individual Relationship Therapy, LGBTQ Clients
Nancy Brittain, LCSW – Couples, Addiction Recovery (Couple or Individual), Family Therapy
Lauren Johnson, LSW – Couples, Parent Relationships, Parenting, Family Therapy
Allison Rimland, LPC – Couples, Parenting, Trauma, Anxiety
When are therapy appointments available?
Appointments are available Monday through Saturday. Evening and lunch hour appointments are available.
Call today at 303-513-8975. Our friendly and knowledgeable Assistant Joanne is happy to answer your questions about therapy and Thrive, and help match you with the best therapist for your needs.
We also use online scheduling for your convenience. Schedule a counseling appointment or a free 20-minute phone consult here:
What are your fees?
Counseling sessions with Haleigh Scherma are $120 per 50 minute session and $180 for 75 minute sessions.
Counseling sessions with Lauren Johnson are $120 per 50 minute session and $180 for 75 minute sessions.
Counseling sessions with Nancy Brittain are $140 per 50 minute session and $210 for 75 minute sessions.
Counseling sessions with Allison Rimland are $175 per 50 minute session and $262 for 75 minute sessions.
Do you accept insurance?
We are out of network providers. Fees are due at time of service.
We are happy to provide you with statements for out of network reimbursement or for flexible spending accounts (FSA).
A Note on Insurance:
Although it may sometimes be financially necessary to utilize insurance benefits to pay for therapy, there are several important considerations:
- Couples counseling is NOT typically covered by insurance because insurance companies don’t see it as medically necessary. Most couples counseling does not meet the medical model requirements of focusing sessions on one person’s mental health diagnosis.
- All Insurance claims require a medical model diagnosis, even if one doesn’t exist. This can affect or limit future insurance coverage and may inhibit certain employment opportunities
- The insurance company, not you, decides how many sessions are appropriate for your treatment.
- Private information, even under new privacy policies, is shared with insurance companies.
- Private information is stored in the Medical Information Bureau where it can be accessed in the future by insurers, employers, etc.
- Having a mental health diagnosis can limit your ability to get insurance in the future or to apply to certain types of jobs.
Where are you located?
Our Greenwood Village Therapy offices are conveniently located in the Denver Tech Center, near I-25 and the Belleview exit. We serve clients from Greenwood Village, Denver, Centennial, Littleton, Aurora, Cherry Hills Village, Englewood, Highlands Ranch, Parker and Castle Rock.