How Do I Know If My Teen Can Benefit From Counseling?
- Are you finding new distance between yourself and your teen?
- Do you miss seeing them happy & excited?
- Do you worry your teen is isolating themselves from friends and support in & outside your home?
- Are you worried they are stuck in a rut that may affect their future?
- Is your teen struggling to find or utilize healthy coping skills when stressed, anxious, or depressed?
If your teen is showing any of the signs above, it may be a signal they could use some extra help.
Adolescence is a complicated, stressful time. It’s stressful not just for teens but for you, the parents of teens!
You’re not alone: many parents feel they no longer have control over their teen, or that their relationship no longer feels like a warm and easy connection.
As a parent of a teen, you may argue on a daily basis about problems such as failing grades, disrespectful attitudes, curfews, truancy, or drug & alcohol use. Sound familiar?
We know how difficult, scary and even painful this adolescent transition can be.
We also know that no matter what parents do, teens will distance themselves as a normal part of healthy development. After all, we want them to someday soon feel the confidence and competence to go out into the world on their own and achieve their goals.
But how do you know what is normal teen development and what is cause for concern?
By providing your teen a safe space to dive into whatever is troubling them without judgement or fear of getting “in trouble,” you can empower them to explore their emotions through this transitionary stage of life.
As Greenwood Village teen counselors, our team truly enjoys working with teens and welcomes the opportunity to help them face their challenging issues.
We support your adolescent to share and overcome their problems and find healthy ways to cope and grow.
As experienced family and teen counselors, we’ll also help you find as the parent find tools you can use to feel more connected and confident about your teen’s development. You can create and nurture peace in your home and warmth in your relationship.
Counseling Teens to overcome challenges with:
- Anxiety & Stress
- Whether it’s from school, family, friends, romance, work, or extracurriculars, teen life is stressful. This is a complicated time in life and our team can help your teen develop the tools and the confidence to work through whatever comes their way.
- Relationship Issues
- Learning how to communicate your needs is tricky, especially on top of balancing the stress + obligations of a typical teenager. This is the time for teens to learn how to set boundaries, communicate what they need, and learn how to be themselves in a relationship.
- Trauma Recovery
- Trauma can come from a number of experiences – abuse, bullying, divorce, loss,and the list goes on. Therapy can give your teen the skills and tools to cope with their trauma and feel more in control of their lives.
- LGBTQ Issues
- LGBTQ teens face the same challenges that all teens deal with, but they also have to do so in a society that isn’t always accepting of who they are. Therapy is a safe, respectful, nonjudgmental, affirming space for your teen to explore their experiences + needs.
- Mood Changes
- Whether your teen is experiencing feelings of isolation, depression, hopelessness, or some other change in their typical mood, Therapy is a safe space to dive into whatever is troubling them without judgement or fear of getting “in trouble,” which can be empowering.
Whether your teen is interested in coming into our office or if they’re more comfortable using our secure online video therapy system, we can provide them the support they need to thrive.
NEW & YOUNG ADULT COUNSELING
Are you out of your teen years, but still feel like you’re in that transitionary phase before “real adulthood” starts? We can help you too!
Thrive Counseling, alongside teen, LGBTQ, Couples & Family counseling, offers counseling for new & young adults.