Meet Jenny Acuña, Denver Tech Center Couples Therapist
“Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.”
Hi, my name is Jenny and in my work with people, I deeply believe that meaningful human connections are essential for overall well-being. Without a safe connection to others, individuals suffer.
We have all heard that what matters most at the end of our lives is the relationships we have with our friends, our spouses, our family, and even with ourselves. But how do we achieve a lasting connection with those people we are supposed to love when communication struggles and disconnection are the reality?
Maybe you worry that the strong bonds you once had are slowly coming apart. You long for moments of intimacy, laughter, and understanding, but they happen infrequently or they are distant memories of how it used to be. Maybe, relationships have always been hard for you and you don’t understand why.
If you can relate to any of this, you are not alone. I would love to help and guide you toward greater understanding, healing, and connection.
I love to help
- Pre-teens, teens, and young adults
- First and second-generation immigrants
- Bilingual speakers in Spanish and English
People I work with are wonderful humans who happen to be struggling with
- Low Self-esteem
- Life transition
- Loss and grief
- Infidelity – loss of trust
- Childhood trauma
- Relationship trauma
- Family trauma
- Pre-marital counseling
- First and second-generation identity
Counseling methods I use to help you
Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
Emotionally Focused Therapy, founded by Dr. Sue Johnson, is a research-based, powerful therapeutic approach that focuses on healing and strengthening emotional bonds. EFT works to identify and transform negative interaction patterns, enhancing communication, trust, and emotional intimacy. You will be able to better name and understand what you are feeling. EFT has been proven to be the most effective form of couples therapy. It can also be used with individuals and families.
Attachment Theory, developed by John Bowlby, offers profound insights into the emotional bonds formed with caregivers and how these early connections impact our adult relationships. Attachment-based therapy helps you explore how your past relationships may be impacting you today and work toward healing old wounds so that you can live as an overcomer. We do not get stuck in the past but use the past to inform the work we do in the present.
A trauma-informed approach is essential to create a safe and nurturing environment for healing. I will delve into the principles of trauma-informed care, which prioritize empathy, safety, collaboration, and empowerment, making it an integral part of my practice. We will work on post-traumatic growth and healing. *You can be an overcomer.*
Benefits of EFT, Attachment, and Trauma-Informed Counseling
- Enhanced emotional regulation and self-awareness.
- Improved relationships with partners, family, and friends.
- Healing and growth following traumatic experiences.
Counseling books I love to recommend
- Hold Me Tight- Dr. Sue Johnson
- Come As You Are – Emily Nagoski
- Getting Past the Affair – Snyder, Baucom, Coop Gordon
- Man’s Search For Meaning- Viktor E. Frankl
- The Body Keeps The Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma- Bessel Van Der Kolk, M.D
- Healing Parents: Helping Wounded Children Learn to Trust & Love -Michael Orlans & Terry M. Levy
For young adults (18-30):
- The Defining Decade: Why your twenties matter- and how to make the most of them now- Meg Jay, Ph.D.
Contact and Counseling Appointments
“There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” — John Green
Ready to begin your journey toward healing, growth, and healthier relationships? You can schedule now using the calendar below. To learn more or ask us questions, call us at 303-513-8975, X1.
Jenny’s rate is $195/75-minute sessions and $130/50-minute sessions.