Skilled and Caring LGBTQIA counseling for individuals
Have you ever wondered:
- “Will I always feel this way?”
- “Will I ever feel comfortable being who I am?”
- “I don’t even know what I want, how can I talk to someone else about it?”
- “How can I feel safe being myself in such a hostile world?”
You are not alone. Therapy is a personal, raw experience for a lot of people. Making the choice to reach out and ask for help is an incredibly courageous decision and one that doesn’t always come easy to LGBTQ folks.
Our goal at Thrive is to provide a safe, respectful, nonjudgmental, affirming space for all of our clients. We know that seeking therapy can be intimidating enough without having to worry about whether or not your therapist will be affirming of who you really are. As an LGBTQ client, you may have experienced discrimination, lack of understanding, stigma, and other types of prejudice when seeking out any type of health care, mental health care included.
Our counselors at Thrive are gender + sexuality affirming, knowledgeable, approachable, and LGBTQ informed. We won’t try to reduce who you are to an acronym, but we will meet you where you are and give you the care you need and deserve.
Individual LGBTQIA+ counseling:
- Safe and LGBTQIA+ affirming counseling for general issues such as relationship concerns, depression, anxiety, and trauma
- Societal discrimination (prejudices, negative attitudes and societal rejection which can result in feeling guilt or shame and wanting to hide who you are)
- Struggles in daily environments (school, work, college, home)
- Work discrimination (employability, harassment)
- Questioning sexuality and/or gender identity
- Gender dysphoria
- Dealing with homophobic parents and/or family
- Coming out
- Personal acceptance or Internalized homophobia (belief in the negative attitudes and stigmas about the LGBTQIA+ community)
Therapy is a space where you can dive deep on what is and isn’t working for you in any area of your life. Your identity is part of what makes you who you are, but becoming comfortable with your identity isn’t always easy. Our therapists at Thrive Family Counseling Services are welcoming and affirming to folks of all identities
Maybe you want counseling that is focused on your sexuality and/or gender. Or maybe you’re exploring the distinction between identities to see which fits best for you. Maybe you’re considering coming out in a new space. Maybe you simply want a therapist who is aware, sensitive to, and welcoming of your unique experience and focus for therapy.
Whatever your reason for seeking therapy, we can help you change your life + meet your goals. To schedule an appointment, feel free to call 303-513-8975, X1. You can also book an appointment online through our portal:Schedule Appointment