Meet Christen Curry, BA, Graduate Counseling Intern
Emotionally Focused Couple and Individual Therapist
How can I help you?
I am an Emotionally Focused Therapist (EFT) who wants to help you see your problem differently. I understand what it is like to feel stuck and frustrated in life. It is painful to go through life feeling this way, but I also understand it is unbearable to do it alone.
Feeling disconnected and estranged from loved ones can have this effect. I deeply care about this pain and strive to see you reach the other side of it. I am passionate about seeing your feelings, intentions, and needs. I will hear you, challenge you, and promise some laughter in between.
I am here to provide a space for you to work toward living a fulfilling and meaningful life once again.
My Therapist Style
I believe relationships are the foundation of living a fulfilling and meaningful life. Therefore, I strive to build a caring, trusting, and compassionate relationship with you.
A Listener & A Guide
We each come from different backgrounds and stories which give us our unique perspectives. I am curious about what exactly makes you, you.
I will listen and hear your unique perspective and challenge you to see others. Experiencing and sharing your story can be a very vulnerable experience, especially in front of your loved ones. I will guide you through this process.
Emotions are a powerful part of our experience as relational-beings. Emotions can feel big and overwhelming. As a firm believer in allowing yourself to feel those emotions, I will walk through this process with you. I will often slow you down and encourage you to notice your emotions throughout a session to find meaning and connection.
Your challenges might include:
- Feeling lonely and disconnected from loved ones
- Conflict that goes unresolved
- Struggling to communicate with your partner
- Stuck in negative cycles with yourself or loved ones
- Feeling you are not compatible with partner
- Feeling confused about your relationships
- Feeling overwhelmed by the needs of others
- Feeling depressed, anxious, hopeless
- Uncertainty and challenges of parenting adolescents
- Navigating big life changes like becoming parents, grief and loss, experiencing divorce, identity changes, or faith transitions
Who I work with
I provide inclusive services for individuals, couples, and families, embracing people of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, genders, backgrounds, sexual orientations, and/or sexual expressions. I will welcome you into a safe space with no blaming, shaming, or judgment. I am rooting for you.
As a retired collegiate athlete and coach, I also have a special place in my heart for working athletes and their families.
My Favorite Things:
- Deep belly laughs with my friends and family
- Facetimes with my huge family
- Smelling all the candles at the store (and not buying any)
- Redecorating my room
- Everything basketball – playing, coaching, and watching
- Keeping up with the Kardashians
More about Christen Curry
I am Master’s Counseling student at Colorado Christian University. As a trained Emotionally Focused Therapist (EFT), I am deeply passionate about relationships. My hope is to see relationships mend and grow deeper than you could imagine. I look forward to creating a space for you to reencounter a meaningful and fulfilling life.
How to begin counseling with Christen Curry, BA
Book your appointment with Christen Curry using our online scheduling system below. Rates with Christen Curry, BA, Graduate Counseling Intern are $90 for 75-minutes and $60 for 50-minutes.
To learn more about working with Christen, call our Intake Coordinator Joanne at 303-513-8975, X1. Or, send us a note here: