“Maybe the best thing I’ve ever done was wait. I made an art form out of endurance.
And you were worth every single moment.”
Meet Angela Powell, M.Ed., LPCC
Have you been in a season of waiting? Waiting to reconnect with the person you love. Waiting for your kids or stepchildren to be in a different stage. Waiting for someone to come into your life. Waiting for change to come.
We have all faced times of intense waiting where it seems like we just cannot take another step on our own.
I would be honored to walk alongside you, to help get through this difficult place and move toward meaningful change.
With evidence-based couples counseling using Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), we can look closer at interactional patterns, recurring arguments, feelings of disconnection, and work to re-establish comfort and trust.
As a part of individual counseling, you and I can delve into interpersonal dynamics, explore your personal identity and goals, and move through challenges collaboratively to make sense of your thoughts and feelings.
Together, we can start to find relief, and return your most important relationships to a place of safety, tenderness, and even joy.
Specialties & Training:
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples, individuals, and families
- Pre-marital counseling, Certified SYMBIS (Save Your Marriage Before It Starts)
- Identity, interpersonal dynamics, and the Enneagram
- Step–parenting and parenting techniques using Love & Logic
- Learning, education, and behavior Issues
- Spiritual/faith-based counseling
I work with:
- Partners and couples
- Premarital & newly married couples
- Young adults & individuals from all walks of life
- Singles who wish to be partnered
- Step-parents & Stepfamilies
- Parents and children
- Adolescents and children, ages 10 and up
Welcoming to LGBTQ+, all identities and family configurations!
Educational & Vocational Background:
I am a Colorado Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate (LPCC) and earned my Masters of Education in Community Counseling from Boston University. I currently hold a Professional Teaching Credential with experience in Title I schools as an Educator and Behavior Interventionist, and in higher education as a Resident Director, Undergraduate Advisor, and Student Life Communications Specialist.
I love to incorporate my training as a Love & Logic Facilitator, the Enneagram, Myers-Briggs Personality Indicator, Restorative Practices, The 5 Love Languages, and as a Certified SYMBIS facilitator: Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts into my therapy with clients.
Some of My Favorite Things:
- Day trips filled with country drives, fireplace seats, and local coffee shops
- Listening to classic jazz, lofi, folksy tunes, or whatever my stepkids are into
- Laughing and enjoying conversations with my husband, fam, and friends
- Reading the latest therapy research (seriously)!
- Photography, art, cooking, and music making
Counseling appointments are currently available Monday through Thursday, including morning and evening hours, and Saturdays by request.
I offer exclusively online video appointments.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors
My Favorite Book Recommendations:
- Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find and Keep Love by Amir Levine and Rachel Heller
- Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by Dr. Sue Johnson EdD
- Love Sense: The Revolutionary New Science of Romantic Relationships by Dr. Sue Johnson EdD
- Created for Connection: The “Hold Me Tight” Guide for Christian Couples by Kenneth Sanderfer and Dr. Sue Johnson EdD
- The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile
- The Path Between Us: An Enneagram Journey to Healthy Relationships by Suzanne Stabile
- The Attachment Theory Workbook: Powerful Tools to Promote Understanding, Increase Stability, and Build Lasting Relationships by Annie Chen LMFT
- Couples Therapy Workbook for Healing: Emotionally Focused Therapy Techniques to Restore Your Relationship by Lori Cluff Schade PhD LMFT
- An Emotionally Focused Workbook for Couples: The Two of Us by Veronica Kallos-Lilly and Jennifer Fitzgerald
- Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved Parents by Lindsay C Gibson
- Recovering from Emotionally Immature Parents:Practical Tools to Establish Boundaries and Reclaim Your Emotional Autonomy by Lindsay C. Gibson
- The Stepfamily Handbook: From Dating, to Getting Serious, to forming a “Blended Family” by Karen Bonnell & Patricia L. Papernow
- Surviving and Thriving in Stepfamily Relationships: What Works and What Doesn’t by Patricia L. Papernow
- Courageous Love: A Couples Guide to Conquering Betrayal by Stefanie Carnes
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
Fees for Counseling Sessions with Angela Powell, M.Ed., LPCC:
$210 for a 75-minute session, $140 for a 50-minute session
For more information, please call 303-513-8975, X1