“Maybe the best thing I’ve ever done was wait. I made an art form out of endurance.
And you were worth every single moment.”
Meet Angela Powell, M.Ed., Counseling Intern
Have you been in a season of waiting? Waiting to reconnect with your partner. Waiting for the kids to be in a different stage. Waiting for that special someone to come into your life. Waiting to seek help to figure out the twists and turns of your relationship. Waiting for change to come.
We have all faced times of intense waiting where it seems like we just cannot take another step on our own.
I would be honored to walk alongside you to help you power through that stuck place to meaningful change. With evidence-based Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), we can look together at patterns, recurring arguments, and fears to move towards re-establishing connection and trust. Together, we will make meaningful shifts to bring your most important relationships into a place of safety, tenderness, and even joy!
As a part of individual counseling, you and I can delve into interpersonal dynamics, explore your personal identity and goals, and courageously move towards challenges to discover next steps towards peace.
If you have been wanting to get help to live more freely and lovingly, my hope is that we can work together to move towards healing, connection, and positive change.
I Work With:
- Tweens & Teens
- Young Adults
- Singles who wish to be partnered
- Premarital & Newly Married Couples
- Partners & Couples
- Parents & Children
- Step-Parents & Stepfamilies
Specialties & Training:
- Parenting techniques with Love & Logic, and Restorative Practices
- Identity, Interpersonal Dynamics & the Enneagram
- Learning Issues & Education
- Spiritual/Faith-Based Counseling
Educational & Vocational Background:
I have my Master’s degree in Community Counseling from Boston University. I’m an Intern here at Thrive, in the final process of becoming a Colorado licensed counselor (LPCC). I hold a Professional Teaching Credential with experience in Title I schools as an Educator and Behavior Interventionist, and in higher education as a Resident Director, Undergraduate Advisor, and Student Life Communications Specialist.
I love to incorporate my training from the Enneagram, Love & Logic, and SYMBIS (“Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts”) into my time with clients. I would be honored to support you individually, or work alongside you, your partner, and your family.
Some of My Favorite Things:
- Hands down, the season of Fall with its fresh air, colorful views, and anything pumpkin
- In-depth conversations at local coffee spots
- Laughter, ridiculous laughter, with my husband, kids, and dear friends
- Wearing cozy sweaters & holey jeans
- Old jazz, live music, & whatever my stepdaughters are listening to (so I can stay hip!)
Counseling appointments are currently available via online video therapy.
Currently, I am taking all appointments online due to COVID-19.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEFT)
For more information, please call 303-513-8975, X1