“Maybe the best thing I’ve ever done was wait. I made an art form out of endurance.
And you were worth every single moment.”
Meet Angela Powell, M.Ed., LPC
Have you been in a season of waiting? Waiting to reconnect with the person you love. Waiting for your kids or stepchildren to be in a different stage. Waiting for someone to come into your life. Waiting for change to come.
We have all faced times of intense waiting where it seems like we just cannot take another step on our own.
I would be honored to walk alongside you, to help get through this difficult place and move toward meaningful change.
Words That Describe My Counseling Style
How I Can Help
With evidence-based couples counseling using Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT), we can look closer at interactional patterns, recurring arguments, feelings of disconnection, and work to re-establish comfort and trust.
Emotionally Focused Therapy has been shown to be effective among diverse populations. It helps couples increase relationship satisfaction and intimacy, decrease arguments about specific issues, and support those couples working through infidelity.
While it’s often used for couples therapy with great results, EFT is a powerful modality for individuals as well. EFT can help you learn more about your attachment style and how you relate to others as well as give you an understanding of your emotions and the role they play in your life.
As a part of individual counseling, you and I can delve into interpersonal dynamics, explore your personal identity and goals, and move through challenges collaboratively to make sense of your thoughts and feelings.
Together, we can start to find relief, and return your most important relationships to a place of safety, tenderness, and even joy.
Welcoming to LGBTQ+, all identities and family configurations!
- Partners & Couples
- Young adults & individuals from all walks of life
- Step-parents & Co-parents
- Identity, interpersonal dynamics, and the Enneagram
- Spiritual/faith-based counseling
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy, Assistant (2022, NYCEFT)
- Core Skills Advanced Training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (2022, NYCEFT)
- Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (2021, Vancouver Island EFT)
- Unbroken Bonds: EFT and Relationship Betrayals (2020, LAEFT)
- Externship in Emotionally Focused Therapy (2020, BCEFT)
- Enneagram Insights (2019, Suzanne Stabile, LTM)
- Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts (2021, SYMBIS)
- Love and Logic Facilitator (2014, Love & Logic)
Educational & Vocational Background:
I am a Colorado Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and earned my Masters of Education in Community Counseling from Boston University. I hold a Professional Teaching Credential with experience in Title I schools as an Educator and Behavior Interventionist, and in higher education as a Resident Director, Undergraduate Advisor, and Student Life Communications Specialist.
Some of My Favorite Things:
- Day trips filled with country drives, fireplace seats, and local coffee shops
- Listening to classic jazz, lofi, folksy tunes, or whatever my stepkids are into
- Laughing and enjoying conversations with my husband, fam, and friends
- Reading the latest therapy research (seriously)!
- Photography, art, cooking, and music making
Counseling appointments are currently available Monday through Thursday, including morning and evening hours, and Saturday mornings.
I offer exclusively online video appointments.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT)
- International Association of Marriage and Family Counselors (IAMFC)
• Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by Dr. Sue Johnson EdD
• Love Sense: The Revolutionary New Science of Romantic Relationships by Dr. Sue Johnson EdD
• Created for Connection: The “Hold Me Tight” Guide for Christian Couples by Kenneth Sanderfer and Dr. Sue Johnson EdD
• The Attachment Theory Workbook: Powerful Tools to Promote Understanding, Increase Stability, and Build Lasting Relationships by Annie Chen LMFT
• Couples Therapy Workbook for Healing: Emotionally Focused Therapy Techniques to Restore Your Relationship by Lori Cluff Schade PhD LMFT
• An Emotionally Focused Workbook for Couples: The Two of Us by Veronica Kallos-Lilly and Jennifer Fitzgerald
• Courageous Love: A Couples Guide to Conquering Betrayal by Stefanie Carnes
• Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life by Emily Nagoski Ph.D.
• The Path Between Us: An Enneagram Journey to Healthy Relationships by Suzanne Stabile
• Attached: The New Science of Adult Attachment and How It Can Help You Find and Keep Love by Amir Levine and Rachel Heller
• The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self-Discovery by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile
• Therapy Journal: A guided reflection space for therapy sessions
• Adult Children of Emotionally Immature Parents: How to Heal from Distant, Rejecting, or Self-Involved Parents by Lindsay C Gibson
• Recovering from Emotionally Immature Parents: Practical Tools to Establish Boundaries and Reclaim Your Emotional Autonomy by Lindsay C. Gibson
• The Stepfamily Handbook: From Dating, to Getting Serious, to forming a “Blended Family” by Karen Bonnell & Patricia L. Papernow
• Surviving and Thriving in Stepfamily Relationships: What Works and What Doesn’t by Patricia L. Papernow
• The Co-Parenting Handbook: Raising Well-Adjusted and Resilient Kids from Little Ones to Young Adults through Divorce or Separation by Karen Bonnell
• Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
How to Schedule a Counseling Appointment with Angela:
Fees for Counseling Sessions with Angela Powell, M.Ed., LPC: $240 for a 75-minute session, $160 for a 50-minute session. For more information, please call 303-513-8975, X1, send us an inquiry here, or use our convenient, secure and simple online counseling scheduling system here: